Sold for $ 7,425
The Solyto utility truck had been built at the sheetmetal division of New Map since 1952; this division was called the SOciété LYonnaise de TOlérie, hence the odd manufacturers name. Solyto offered three body styles: a canvas-back Fourgonette Bachée, a metal back Fourgonette Tolée, and a rarely seen Break Camping with four windows in the rear compartment, like the example offered here, which has been sympathetically maintained and is amazingly complete. Starting in 1965, Solyto automobiles were being fitted with CDI electronic ignition; the only others using CDI ignition during this time were Formula 1 racecars. The single-cylinder, two-stroke engine measures 125-cc and the car is only eight-feet long. This uncommon Solyto was a part of the Bruce Wiener Microcar Museum for many years.