1959 PTV 250 Convertible
Lot No. 503
Auctioned on Saturday, March 17, 2012
The 704-pound PTV, named after company owners Perramon, Tacho and Vila, was built in Manresa, Spain, for a discerning, upscale clientele. At one time this was the second-leading seller of micro cars in Spain. Perhaps due to its proper independent front suspension, large-diameter wheels and snug, enclosed bodywork that even allowed discussion of driving comfort – a subject not remotely considered with most cars of this stature. It is presented with two-tone paint; chrome trim; 12-inch wheels; electric-start 250-cc, 13-hp two-stroke engine; three-speed with reverse. Top speed is 45 mph.